ページビューの合計

2011年4月6日水曜日

Hasta La Vista!

People from Fukushima have left for home... a world "infamous" Fukushima.


We decided to have a farewell party on the last night. We invited the neighbors and prepared a lot of drinks, Takoyaki, Popcorns and Karaoke :-)


People from Fukushima are such amazing entertainers! They were even preparing new costumes! They sang, danced, and made us laugh so much! 


We also wanted to give something back, so my mother taught everyone crazy dance to "Oklahoma Mixer", and we all danced in line. I  played the guitar and sang some old folk songs everybody knows.


In Japan, or maybe just here?? When there is a Karaoke contest, audience throw coins wrapped in tissue papers at the stage. This is called "Ohineri". We were preparing a lot of "Ohineri" containing 5yen, 10yen, and some 100yen coins :-) We threw them at the kids while they were sining. They all stopped singing and jumped at the coins on the floor. We all burst into laughter.


When we were about to call it a day, one of the ladies from Fukushima announced with a microphone, "We have something for Okami san, Waka Okami san and Rimi san!"


They made us stand on the invisible stage. 3 kids showed up with beautiful cards made for us!!


A 9 year old girl, who I've made good friends with, gave me a small paper crane and said "This is so that you don't forget about us. " I couldn't hold my tears anymore :-(


They left yesterday morning.


1 minute later, we noticed that they left "Onigiri" we had made for lunch! I drove my car and caught up with them! We had just had a tearful good bye, so we all laughed saying, "Oh, nice to meet you again!". I love their good spirit!


 My Ryokan is so quiet without those kids. I miss them so much!!


I got a call from one of them saying that the arrived at Fukushima. Most of them cannot stay in their own house so they are staying in a shelter. It breaks my heart...


I feel like the farewell party made our tie unbreakable. I'm so certain that they will all come back to my Ryokan someday, and I'll visit them in Fukushima.      


Hasta la vista! 













0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿