ページビューの合計

2011年3月7日月曜日

Gassan Shizu Onsen!

I (rimiko) went to Gassan Shizu Onsen today. Gassan is the name of the mountain by my hometown, Hijiori Onsen. Gassan(月山) literally means "moon mountain". Romantic, huh?


It's called that way because it's shaped like moon... And it is a very sacred mountain. Many pilgrimages climb Gassan every year... 


Hijiori is at the northern foot of Gassan, and on the other side, is another famous TOJI Onsen town called "Gassan Shizu Onsen"


They had a Snow lantern festival. We also have the festival in Hijiori, but I must say that their's is a lot better. They work with 60 art students to convert the gigantic snow walls (6m tall!!!) into restaurants, an ice bar, and even a hotel (where my bosses stayed last year and almost died)



The whole street was lit with dim candle light and it was extremely romantic!


I got to steal a lot of good ideas for our snow festival next weekend. 




But soon it was too cold to stay outside... We stayed in a nice Ryokan called "Yukishiro" http://www6.ocn.ne.jp/~yukisiro/



They served such gorgeous mountain dishes!

They were so yummy and I felt like my body was being cleansed by eating all the mountain vegetables picked in a sacred mountain.



We drank a lot of Gassan Beer and Gassan Wine as well (they are also for cleansing our soul :-b  ) 


Tanoshikatta! (I had fun!)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿