ページビューの合計

2011年3月13日日曜日

Report from my sister in Sendai

My sister works in Sendai. She is ok, and she has been looking how she could help. She just wrote to me so I want to share it.



"Today (March 13) I went to my workplace but the building was closed and I couldn't go in. But I got to meet all my colleagues. They are all safe. I went home and took a nap since I couldn't sleep last night. 


After that, I went to a nearby elementary school where people are evacuated. I helped making Onigiri. I handed out the masks I had at home and asked each person if he/she needed anything. They all had horrible experiences, and wanted to share their stories with me. They kept talking as if talking itself was a console. Some people were weeping and they brought me tears...


I took some people's thermos bottles home to fill them with hot water. I cooked rice and made more Onigiri for them. 


I know being there (Yamagata) would be harder than being here because here I can actually help people. I can imagine how hard it must be to watch all this on TV and not being able to do anything. 


I can work for the people because I know all my family is safe. I'll do what I can do on your behalf."


   



0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿