ページビューの合計

2011年3月20日日曜日

New Life in Hijiori

There are many kids staying in my Ryokan. Some came from Fukushima, others from Miyagi... 


They started a new life in this snowy countryside. Many people were anxious about staying in such snowy place, but today people seemed much more comfortable. Maybe because it was Sunny :-)


We prepared many Mangas and DVDs in the lobby area so that kids can entertain themselves. 
6 cute "Jizo" dolls are made by one of our employees.


I've talked to many of the evacuees today. Some of them had horrifying stories. 


Some of them have lost their houses. Others, still have their house but everything on the 1F was washed away. One lady told me that even a grand piano was washed off.


The whole situation is new to everyone and people are quite confused. 


Locals don't know if they should treat the evacuees as new residents or guests. Since my hometown is isolated, there aren't many places people could go. I went for a walk with the evacuees today. It's nice for one day, but many people feel like they want to do something more.


Everybody wants to feel useful. So as a community, I think it's our duty to provide them that opportunity. One thing I can do is to invite people to my English class every Wednesday. Maybe some of them can be my co-teacher :-) I'll see what I can do! 


  





0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿